Sunday, February 28, 2010

I am not millennial

The Pew Research Center has a 14-question quiz that asks "How Millennial Are You?". (What the hell does that mean? "Generations, like people, have personalities, and Millennials -- the American teens and twenty-somethings who are making the passage into adulthood at the start of a new millennium -- have begun to forge theirs: confident, self-expressive, liberal, upbeat and open to change.")
So, Pew provides a chart showing the average quiz score by age. The oldest millennial gets an average percentage score in the mid-50s; someone my age (39) has an average of 30.
My score?
3.
Three!
Further exploration of the site reveals that (a) this is about the average score of someone in their 70s, but (b) it's also a pretty common score for gen-Xers.
OK, here we go: Tsk! Young people! With their tattoos and their mobile phones and their facebooks...

1 comment:

Robert said...

4.
As I am unable to work out whether to be depressed or elated by this score I will not cancel my Daily Telegraph subscription, get a tattoo and ear piercing and email all my mates with my new facebook account.
Bob 62½