Sunday, June 27, 2010

Would you buy a new CD from this man?

Sometimes it's impossible to shake off a reputation. I was listening to Classic FM yesterday and on The New CD Show David Mellor was remarking that he thought the applause on some Evgeny Kissin Chopin disc was intrusive and all I could think was, Who cares what you think? You're that oily Tory git sacked from the cabinet in 1992 after a series of scandals one of which involved riding some actress while wearing a Chelsea shirt.
Terribly unfair, I know. After all, I can happily listen to the music of murderers like Carlo Gesualdo and anti-Semites like Richard Wagner without batting an eyelid. But David Mellor thinks 52 minutes is too short for a full-price CD? Screw you, Mellor. I'm almost tempted to buy it just to spite you.

No comments: