Thursday, September 10, 2009

Meet Les...

OK, the blog title doesn't mean anything as such, except as a reference to the French EMI series of CDs - "Les Introuvables de Pierre Fournier", "Les Introuvables du Chant Wagnérien", etc. Well, obviously, these are compilations of rare recordings, all put together by some bloke called Les.
I've always pictured Les as a slightly disreputable expert - a sort of Rob Cowan crossed with Del Boy.
Actually, Rob Cowan looks kind of disreputable himself in that picture, doesn't he? It's the teeth. They're telling you something: back away, slowly... he's got some old Hindemith 78s and he's not afraid to use them.

The Nereffid part of the title... I hope I don't need to explain that bit. But I must confess that this is my second attempt at a blog. The first one, I started a couple of months before the Sony/price change, er, 'incident' at eMusic. It was intended as a sort of replacement to Nereffid's Guide, but my leaving the eMusic community put the kaibosh on it. This latest incarnation won't be so focused on eMusic, although that is still where I get most of my music. Don't expect a new Nereffid's Guide, anyway.

No comments: